How to Get a Great Job Using Stella
Complete your Profile
Candidates with more complete profile details get more interviews and job offers. In the Profile section of the app, fill out your basic details:
- Make sure you have an up-to-date email address and cell phone number in the Contact Information so employers can easily reach you and know where you’re located.
- List your last few job titles, employers and dates of employment in the Employment History section so employers know what you’ve done. And don’t forget to include volunteer work, internships, roles in clubs -- these are all good experiences where you’ve developed important useful skills!
- List your Education -- High School, GED, colleges, speciality programs.
- Show your personality in the About section. Who are you? What are you looking for? And list any skills you have such as additional languages you speak -- being bilingual is really valuable to employers!
- The rest of your profile you’ll be prompted to fill out as you encounter those questions in your job application and we’ll save those details for you.
Search for jobs
Using both our map-based interface and job search list. Some tips:
- For finding a job location that makes sense, think about both where you live, what’s easy to get to with your transportation, and also areas where you spend a lot of your time.
- Experiment with our filters to narrow and expand jobs by distance, recency of posting, schedule preferences and category. But don’t limit yourself to just the industry or type of work you do now -- there’s lots of positions in other areas that are looking for your skills!
- Use our job search box to search by job title, company and scroll through a list of openings.
Don’t forget to finish your in-progress applications
- The My Jobs section shows you any applications you started but didn’t finish. We save them for you so that when you get busy and have to jump off an application, you can pick up where you left off without having to start again.